Danmission gather information about all visitors under the guidelines of the EU Cookie Law. Here you can read more about which information we gather and what we use it for.
Which information do we gather?
english.danmission.dk gathers information in two ways:
- Through using so called cookies which acts a bit like a handshake in the sense that we may recognise our last meeting, but have no way of knowing your personal details.
- Through forms and other input methods with which a user might intentionally share their information with us.
Every time you – or more precisely your computer – access english.danmission.dk a cookie is informing us about your visit.
The cookie tells us if you have been here before, how long your visit(s) last, which pages and articles you read, which browser and operating system you use, and so on.
The information is anonymous and is bundled with information from all other users, so we will only get a statistical overview of the general use of english.danmission.dk. This informs us about how we might improve our content from an editorial and a technical point of view.
What is a cookie?
When you visit english.danmission.dk your computer automatically receives one or more cookies from english.danmission.dk and third party services.
The cookie itself is a tiny file containing a very limited number of characters, which means is does not contain any personal information and is therefore anonymous. What it does contain however is a randomly generated ID number which we use to recognise your computer from visit to visit.
Which cookies do we use?
Danmission use the following cookies:
- gr_boot remembers the size of your device. The value can be: “lg”, “md”, “sm” and “xs”.
- gr_hd remembers whether or not you use a high definition or retina screen.
- gr_history remembers which content you have read so we might guide you to fresh content.
Your computer might also receive cookies from the following services when visiting english.danmission.dk, depending on the given page and its features:
- Google Analytics is used to measure the overall traffic and use across the site.
Their names are: _utma and _utmz, but may change over time.
- Facebook is used to connect our visitors with our friends on Facebook.
Their names are: s-static.ak.facebook.com, static.ak.facebook.com, and www.facebook.com.
How do I delete cookies?
Most internet browsers provide some way to delete cookies, block them entirely or require an acceptance before they are allowed access. Depending on the browser you use, you will be able to configure these and more in your browser’s settings panel.
Here you can find a guide to the most popular browsers:
If you wish to delete all cookies from english.danmission.dk we can do it for you here: