The United Theological College, Bangalore, invites applications/nominations for the post of the Principal of the College from candidates with the required qualifications and experience
- Should be a recognized theological teacher, possessing an earned Doctoral Degree from one of the internationally reputed institutions in one of the subjects within the theological discipline.
- Should be a recognized scholar with sufficient number of publications in terms of books, edited works and articles in known National/International journals/periodicals or in edited works to his/her credit.
- Should have at least ten years of teaching experience by the end of May 2016 in a recognized theological college/s.
- Should have reached the minimum age of 50 years by June 1, 2016
- Should be an Indian national.
- Should be committed to the Mission of the Church with an ecumenical outlook
- Should have at least five years of administrative experience in a theological college(s)/ ecumenical bodies.
- Should be an ordained person from a church recognized by the UTC Society/NCCI, with some ministerial and parish experience in the Church, and must be in good standing with the Church.
- Should be able to work with others, and to maintain collegiality.
The Principal’s post will fall vacant from 1st October, 2017 and the appointment will be for a maximum period of eight years or until retirement, whichever is earlier. At the end of the term as Principal, provided the retirement age has not been reached, he/she may continue in service in the College as Professor on the Faculty as per the service rules of the Society.
The last date for receiving applications/nominations along with detailed resume, vision statement and names of at least three referees is 30th June, 2016.
The applications should be addressed and sent to:
Search Committee, U.T.C. Society,
The United Theological College,
63, Miller’s Road, Bangalore – 560 046, India.
Read the full job advertisement her: Principal for theological college in Bangalore